Saturday, May 1, 2010

Inspiration

A Teacher's Vision Pictures, Images and Photos
According to Merriam Websters Dictionary, inspiration is defined as, "a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation." I think inspirations means exciting someone to be and do better, and there is nothing more inspirational then a teacher in my opinion. I have got the great privilege to be inspired by three great teachers in my life, two teach at South Alabama, and one was a High School science and English teacher. Mr. Cook, was my freshman year biology and English teacher. I think the reason he was so inspiring to me was because he encouraged my creativity, and allowed me to express myself in a fun way. Our class was always doing fun projects, playing games, and challenging each other, to enhance our learning. Everyday, I could see and hear how excited he was to be in class and interact with his students, his passion for teaching instilled in me a passion for learning. The other two inspirational teachers in my life are Dr. Danneker, and Mr. Sullivan. Both teachers have inspired in me a passion to do better and do good for those who need extra help, for special education children. I've had the privilege to be in Dr. Dannekers class and listen to how passionate she is about helping special education children, and how happy it makes her. Seeing the spark that lights up her face when she teaches, inspires me to want to be that positive influence in another students life. She has made such a difference in the live of so many, that I too want to make a difference. My feelings about Mr. Sullivan being an inspiration are feelings that are shared by so many! Mr. Sullivan is a motivator when things seem to fall apart, and a true advocate to teach others to help one and other. He is always there to lend a helpful had or an encouraging word, and when you ask him about what he is truly passionate about, his face lights up as well. The things that make me want to be a teacher and make a difference are the same passions that these three teachers radiate in their classrooms everyday. Making a difference is what these three teachers do, by encouraging, motivating, and creating a learning environment that challenges you as an individual and as someone who is a part of team. I feel like I am truly luck to have been influenced and inspired by such incredible people. I challenge you all to find someone who inspires you and motivates you to be better, "then you were the day before."

No comments:

Post a Comment